Sydney spearhead Lance Franklin has moved past Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd and into outright seventh on the all-time VFL/AFL goalkicking list.
Franklin booted his third of the night and 927th of his career midway through the third term against Richmond at Marvel Stadium, overtaking Lloyd’s haul of 926 goals.
The Sydney superstar kicked 580 of his goals at the Hawks, before his much-publicised move to the Swans at the end of 2013.
Legendary Richmond forward Jack Titus (970 goals) is next on the radar for Franklin, while Gary Ablett snr (1031) and Doug Wade (1057) could be within reach if he manages to maintain his form over the next few seasons.
Franklin is contracted for three more seasons after this year, until the end of 2022, after signing a nine-year, $10 million deal to join the Swans.
St Kilda and Sydney forward Tony Lockett (1360) has kicked the most goals ever in the history of the VFL/AFL, with Gordon Coventry (1299) and Jason Dunstall (1254) rounding out the top three.
Top 10 VFL/AFL all-time goalkickers
1. Tony Lockett (StK/Syd) - 1360
2. Gordon Coventry (Coll) - 1299
3. Jason Dunstall (Haw) - 1254
4. Doug Wade (Geel/NM) - 1057
5. Gary Ablett (Haw/Geel) - 1031
6. Jack Titus (Rich) - 970
7. Lance Franklin (Haw/Syd) - 927
8. Matthew Lloyd (Ess) - 926
9. Leigh Matthews (Haw) - 915
10. Peter McKenna (Coll/Carl) - 874